My oh my where to begin?!
On Monday, September 7 we were celebrating my mother-in-law's, Linda, birthday. Our nephew Gavin was there in his month old glory. Apparently Linda's intuition kicked in and for the next few days she was talking about how she "knew there would be another grandchild very soon."
Then fast forward to Wednesday, September 9. At that point I wasn't even a day late but I just had a "feeling." Sean and I had just returned from the grocery store so I figure eh...why not take pregnancy test (it made sense at the time). Well needless to say that pregnancy test came back positive (much to my pleasant surprise). As I was reading the results Sean walked in and saw my reaction and looked at the test and said, "You're pregnant." We both stood there in amazement and bliss. We then jumped back in the car and ran to the pharmacy to buy a few more--just to be sure. Well 4 positive tests later we were pretty sure ;-) I went in for a blood test on Friday, September 11 as if I wasn't convinced already it came back positive! Exciting!
Sean and I decided we would let immediate family know right away. I called my mom on Thursday morning to tell her and to also get some advice about reputable OB docs. Needless to say she was absolutely thrilled! For those that know my mom...she is "over the moon" about any baby but now she was being told she would be a grandma and she was elated. My dad was getting ready to head out the door for work when he overheard my mom talking with me and that is how he got the news. They were both very happy. Made my first OB appointment for September 30 (more news on that day).
We told Linda and Michael on Saturday, September 12. We dropped by their house and popped the news. They were super excited as well. Linda said, "Good thing we got the Jeep, I told Michael when we bought it that there is room for 2 grandchildren in the back." Keeping in mind that Gavin Michael our nephew was just born on July 29. My immediate reaction at finding out that we were pregnant was that Gavin and our little one would be so close in age and will find great playmates in one another. My cousin Gini and were about 9 months apart in age and to this day are the closest and dearest of friends. That evening we told Nikki, Karl, and Christopher--all of whom were excited.
I am writing this knowing that not many people will read it but with great enthusiasm of documenting everything along the way. Today I am 5 weeks and 1 day along. I am not feeling too much different. I tire a bit quicker, been drinking a ton of water (just about 78 oz today alone), and of course running to the bathroom like mad. I was experiencing some abdominal pains which apparently are normal but they haven't been present today. I won't go into much more detail but so far am experiencing all the typical symptoms.
On Monday, September 7 we were celebrating my mother-in-law's, Linda, birthday. Our nephew Gavin was there in his month old glory. Apparently Linda's intuition kicked in and for the next few days she was talking about how she "knew there would be another grandchild very soon."
Then fast forward to Wednesday, September 9. At that point I wasn't even a day late but I just had a "feeling." Sean and I had just returned from the grocery store so I figure eh...why not take pregnancy test (it made sense at the time). Well needless to say that pregnancy test came back positive (much to my pleasant surprise). As I was reading the results Sean walked in and saw my reaction and looked at the test and said, "You're pregnant." We both stood there in amazement and bliss. We then jumped back in the car and ran to the pharmacy to buy a few more--just to be sure. Well 4 positive tests later we were pretty sure ;-) I went in for a blood test on Friday, September 11 as if I wasn't convinced already it came back positive! Exciting!
Sean and I decided we would let immediate family know right away. I called my mom on Thursday morning to tell her and to also get some advice about reputable OB docs. Needless to say she was absolutely thrilled! For those that know my mom...she is "over the moon" about any baby but now she was being told she would be a grandma and she was elated. My dad was getting ready to head out the door for work when he overheard my mom talking with me and that is how he got the news. They were both very happy. Made my first OB appointment for September 30 (more news on that day).
We told Linda and Michael on Saturday, September 12. We dropped by their house and popped the news. They were super excited as well. Linda said, "Good thing we got the Jeep, I told Michael when we bought it that there is room for 2 grandchildren in the back." Keeping in mind that Gavin Michael our nephew was just born on July 29. My immediate reaction at finding out that we were pregnant was that Gavin and our little one would be so close in age and will find great playmates in one another. My cousin Gini and were about 9 months apart in age and to this day are the closest and dearest of friends. That evening we told Nikki, Karl, and Christopher--all of whom were excited.
I am writing this knowing that not many people will read it but with great enthusiasm of documenting everything along the way. Today I am 5 weeks and 1 day along. I am not feeling too much different. I tire a bit quicker, been drinking a ton of water (just about 78 oz today alone), and of course running to the bathroom like mad. I was experiencing some abdominal pains which apparently are normal but they haven't been present today. I won't go into much more detail but so far am experiencing all the typical symptoms.


No comments:
Post a Comment