Monday, September 28, 2009

7 Weeks 1 Day

Sean and I are eagerly anticipating our first appointment with Dr. Kuhl on Wednesday. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to see our little guy or gal as tiny as he/she may be. We found out some exciting news: my cousin Christina is pregnant and apparently is just a little further along than I am. All these babies! As it is the Gonzalez family has a ton of May birthdays (we can add two more to the list!). Sean and I are waiting until our first appointment with Dr. Kuhl before making any announcements to extended family and friends.


I was feeling well up until Week 6. All the researching I was doing said that if you were going to get morning sickness to expect it at about week 6. It came just like clock work and I have been battling some fierce morning sickness since. It has been dreadful. I lost 2 pounds last week. I have all sorts of food and smell aversions. I can't believe that the most common remedy is water and saltine crackers! I have found that almonds have helped me a lot more. In most cases I just have to let it run its course.


This morning I discovered that I can barely brush my teeth without gagging and hanging my head over the toilet waiting for the gagging to subside. I find comfort in knowing that I am not alone and this is all a normal part of pregnancy. All this nausea means that baby is developing and the hormone levels are just right for making me ill :-). This doesn't diminish the fact that I feel extremely abnormal. I haven't been able to do much except sleep, drink water, and try to eat something.

Sean has been phenomenal! I was sick on Tuesday and missed work. Sean took the day off to make sure I was taken care of. He helped me when I was awake. I slept most of the day simply because it was the only time I didn't feel ill. Sean manages to get himself dinner and
tries to coax me into eating which generally doesn't help.

More to come on Wednesday....maybe we will even have a sonogram image to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment