Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Official We Are Pregnant!

Sean and I met with Dr. Kuhl (yes that is really his name) yesterday. I will spare you from the cheesy puns and say that he is a wonderful physician and has a wonderful bedside manner. We saw the heart beat! It was the most exhilarating thing I have ever experienced. What made it more special was that Sean was there with me. We were both completely mesmerized by the image of this little "shrimp" and its strong heart beat. The Doctor confirmed that we are 7 weeks 4 days along. We have decided to refrain from finding out the sex of the baby--leaving one last surprise for delivery day.

As some may know yesterday Sean posted a status update on Facebook that read "Smiling ear to ear" and a certain cousin of mine, Christina who is also expecting (due on May 15), sniffed out the cryptic message. I am not how she did - it must be that mother's intuition. So this may not be "new" news for all ;-) I called my grandmother (Dad's side) and told her. She was so excited and laughed at the fact that Christina and I are expecting so closely. She said, "Well I wonder who else will be pregnant before you two deliver."

I am not sure if I am riding a wave of excitement but morning sickness hasn't showed its hideous face since Tuesday. I hope it stays that way. More will come later this evening.
Love to everyone! --Caroline

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Well, I didn't mean to spill the beans and be so nosey yesterday lol. I was just thinking that a smile from ear to ear has only come from one subject with Mariano... Children. Any time he has given that look it has come from a genuine and beautiful love feeling for our children, so I thought, OMG Sean is a DAD! Not very scientific lol. We all are so excited for you beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, You know I was only ribbing you. Thanks for the well wishes. We will have to share all the pregnancy stories as they happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby is having a baby
    I should be burdened with fear
    that old age is coming to get me
    instead I feel light as air

    The happiness building inside me
    for promise of life moving on
    excitement and joy of what will be
    when my baby's nine months are gone

    I will hold you, my sweet little grandchild
    and embrace a feeling not yet known
    a joy I can only imagine
    that has strenghtened as you have grown

    I will show you the world as I know it
    and let you embrace and learn
    Share moments of joy and excitement
    and be there when (your) luck takes a turn

    I love you so deeply already
    A person I haven't yet met
    a family love strong and steady
    a bond we will never forget

    So, hurry my sweet little angel
    grow healthy, big and strong
    for grandma can;t wait to meet you
    Nine months is not that long

    ReplyDelete