Monday, October 26, 2009

11 Weeks--and 1 day

I realized that I haven't posted anything in quite sometime. Today I am 11 weeks and 1 day along in my pregnancy. I am feeling great. My energy levels have improved and my appetite is slowly coming back. I do notice that I tire easily, particularly when it is hot and still go to bed earlier than usual.

Sean and I went camping this weekend and it was wonderful. I was comfortable and enjoyed spending time outside. I have my second OB appointment this Wednesday. I am excited about seeing the Doctor again and of course seeing my little sea monkey. I suspect he/she won't look much like a sea monkey anymore.

In week 8 Sean and I "celebrated" the fact that the baby went from embryo to fetus status. Every Friday we come home with some sort of factoid. For instance this Friday I said, "Did you know that this Sunday we will be 11 weeks and at 11 weeks the baby is getting tooth buds?" Sean then replied yeah and his/her fingers aren't webbed any more, and his/her skin is thickening and more organs are developing? It is so great to witness his enthusiasm. I know it is corny but we are eagerly keeping up with all the smallest developments with our baby. Well, what may be even corny-er is that I am writing this thinking maybe someone else is interested in the development of our baby! So the gloating parent begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment