Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Awesome Weekend -- 33 Weeks

This past weekend was excellent for so many reasons. On Saturday, Sean and I went to the Olives Ole festival just outside Elmendorf. The event is held at the Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard. The grounds of the orchard as beautiful. There is an emphasis on Mediterranean food. The food prices were nominal for a festival. The food was anything but traditional festival food. Sean and I shared awesome Kofta and a Greek salad. Along the way to Elmendorf we stumbled upon the most exquisite wildflower field you could imagine. When you stepped out of the car the fragrance was enchanting! We just had to take some photos.


Sunday we attended the first baby shower in our honor. It
was a couples shower hosted by my mom (Lissi), Nikki (my sister-in-law), and Linda (my mother-in-law). The shower was at my in-law's home. It was such an awesome event. Sean and I enjoyed visiting with family and friends (some we hadn't seen in a very long time). We were so grateful to receive so many beautiful and practical gifts for Catherine.




I cannot believe that there are only 7 weeks until our expected delivery date. It seems like only yesterday Sean and I were eager to share the news of our newly discovered pregnancy with friends and family. I can only imagine how quickly time will pass once Catherine arrives.

As I have mentioned earlier, my mom is making Catherine's crib bedding. Well the first piece is complete--the bed skirt. I put it on the crib as soon as I received it. She is working on the bumper pad and light blanket. Anyone who really knows my mom will understand when I say that she is a maniac for projects like this.

We are really looking forward to Easter weekend. I am eager because I have taken Monday off from work, but mainly to celebrate Easter with family at my uncle's lake house on Medina lake.

I have included some photos since I haven't posted any in a while.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that last photo! - Margaux

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete